Application Developer II
Working under the supervision of the IT Director, the Application Developer will be primarily responsible for development of enterprise database applications and user interfaces.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- The developer will be responsible for: designing applications based on input provided by Department Directors/Managers and the IT Director; coding applications to meet specified parameters and company standards; testing applications and preparing them for deployment to the live production environment.
- The developer will be responsible for documenting applications to meet three basic needs, marketing materials, user manuals and technical references. This includes description of intent for application use and functionality, process and data flow diagrams, content for end-user training manuals, description of design and development approach, and well-commented source code.
- Additional responsibilities will include assisting the help desk with troubleshooting and response for issues elevated beyond level one support.
- The developer will understand the existing data models as defined by the Database Administrator and Data Analysis department. He/She will become familiar with the stated goals of the organization, incorporate those goals into all phases of the design and development process, and assist and support the design functions of the Database Administrator and management functions of the IT Director.
- The qualified candidate will be proficient in VB.Net, ASP.Net, ADO.Net, T-SQL. He/She will understand and apply relational database design and development concepts, object-oriented application development concepts and secure web application design concepts. He/She will understand secure transport protocols (i.e. HTTPS and SFTP) as well as HIPAA Privacy and Security Guidelines.
- Work with other IT teammates to develop enterprise database applications, web and windows interfaces and automation services.
- Work with department managers to define design parameters and operational requirements for enterprise applications.
- Migrate existing VB6 desktop applications to VB.Net; converting functional processes to class object models and user interfaces to ASP.NET.
- Debug and test applications and troubleshoot errors.
- Document applications to meet marketing, technical and end-user needs.
- Maintain an IT Knowledgebase, through continued cooperation on design and development as well as contribution of content.
- Complies with and/or adheres to company HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Ensures integrity of data entered into company systems and/or databases.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, other federal, state, and local standards, and company attendance policies and procedures.
- Ability to come to work and work the regular schedule and shift for the position.
- Compliance with all personnel policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties and related essential duties as assigned.